Sunday 29 July 2012

Summer Challenge, Day 15: Ocean/Sea

So the Summer Challenge is drawing to a close, with only one more day left to go. That is, for everyone who  has kept up to date with all of the challenges. Me, however? I still have to go back and do 8 challenges that I've missed. These will come every other day after the last challenge, in the order that they should have been created originally.

Anyway, I'm back from an amazing holiday in Great Yarmouth and ready to go again. I bought 10 new polishes over the past week, so a haul post will be up tomorrow. Today is the second to last challenge in the list, Ocean/Sea. For this I figured some water marbling was most appropriate. Even though it is a pain to do. Here's how it turned out:


I wasn't aiming to do anything in particular with this design, I just kind of threw the colours in and used a toothpick to drag lines through the rings. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out though, even if they don't really look like an ocean. Usually my water marbling turns out horribly. The colours I used for this were Barry M's "Denim", Barry M's "Blue Moon", Max Factor's "Candy Blue" and Rimmel's "Aqua Cool", over a base of Barry M's "White".





2 comments:

  1. Well done hun. I hate doing water marbles as they can be so messy. Yours looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) But I agree, cleaning up water marbles takes FOREVER.

      Delete