Thursday 22 November 2012

The Fault in our Stars nails!

About a month ago I read "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green, after my friends recommending it for ages and ages. I've read another book by John Green, "Looking for Alaska" and loved that one so I figured that TFioS should be just as awesome. I was right. TFioS is probably the saddest book I've ever read, I was crying all through the second half. But it's SO good! I finished it in two days because I couldn't put it down. :P I seriously recommend you all go and read it (but don't blame me for any emotional damage it may cause).

I based my nails on the book cover and a quote from the book. The inspiration for this design came from a poster design on tumblr, but I don't know who originally came up with it (sorry!).

This is also my first Franken polish (I think that's what they're called). I didn't have a blue that was the right shade for the base, so I mixed some Max Factor "Candy Blue", Rimmel "Aqua Cool", Barry M "White" and some clear polish into an empty polish bottle. I didn't really measure how much of each colour I was putting in, I just added them until I got a shade that I liked. I'm actually really happy with how it came out, even if it is a little sheer. This is two coats of my polish. Then, I added details in with Barry M's "Black" and "White" using a thin paintbrush.

Have any of you read The Fault in our Stars? Are you planning to? Tell me what you think!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are fantastic!
    I adore the book, and I agree about it being the saddest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for new books to read, I will check it out!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!
    <3
    MissDelovelyCami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! This isn't spam - it's actually an award bloggers are nominating other bloggers for! Please take a minute to read about it on my post here (I was nominated as well) :) Congrats!
    http://www.missmanimonster.com/2013/02/versatile-blogger-award-my-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty, I love the tips - the shade of blue you created is GORGEOUS, too - wish I could find that shade on the shelf! I'm such a sucker for blue polish.

    I'm a new reader but I really love your blog, and I've nominated you for the Liebster award - you can see my post about this at my blog (here).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting up a new internet website directory and was wondering if I can submit your blog? I'm
    trying to grow my directory slowly by hand so that it retains
    quality. I'll make sure and put your blog in the proper category and I'll additionally use, "Blogger: The Nail Art Hobby" as your anchor text.

    Make sure you let me know if this is ok with you by mailing me.

    Thank you

    Thanks; have a look at my website page on chipping in golf

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I have nominated you for the Liebster award :)
    http://justtalknails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete